There are time you feel you just have to buy something. And unless you can restrain yourself from buying on impulse, you can exhaust your lifesaving on useless, undurable tools. In this article, I gather some tips that can help you shop like a smart musician.
1. Always shop around for your gadgets. When you see a sales price, don’t just jump on it. There are might be a better deal somewhere else. All you have to do is look. The best way of ensuring you buy cheaply and that you are not cheated is to engage in comparison shopping. Don’t take prices at face value. Moreover, some merchants can have a special offer for a limited time, which is open to the general public, although you have to be on the lookout for these.
Some may even have a discount on the sales price. If you want to mitigate your cost further, you can check online for the product you want and see if it available online. Usually, the price is not as expensive as offline and retailers like Amazon can provide free shipping if you are able to achieve a certain threshold.
2. Consider the time and cost. There is something economists call cost and benefit analysis. This means that when you are looking at the benefit of something; don’t forget about the cost of such thing. If you see 50% discount on a midi controller on Amazon tomorrow, you don’t have to rush it.
First, consider the cost of shipping as well as the cost of delivery. Another thing is the time and delivery time. Sometimes retailers try to draw you in with their discounted prices without informing you of hidden charges. However, this does not mean that you can’t get your hands on a good deal. Just ensure you will not be required to pay extra fees when you have concluded your transaction.
3. Shop Online. Even if you are buying your musical instruments offline, you can still benefit from shopping online since the goods are always cheaper. Moreover, you can go on to some websites that offer price comparison for known/popular merchants. You can even get price for your offline shops and be better informed. Buying online will not only help you spend less, it will also make you a smart shopper. With your smartphone or computer, you can view prices on several retailers online at the same time.
Another advantage to shopping online is that you can read actual reviews of previous users on the product you want to buy. Most if not all products have thousands of reviews left by previous users. With the wealth of information available, you can learn a ton about what you are about to buy without leaving your living room. If you decide not to buy online, the knowledge you have gained buy sifting through user reviews online will help you negotiate better offline.
4. Calculate bargain offers. Most often, you can see mouth-watering deals and you will be tempted to buy. You’ll often come across slogans such as “Buy one get one free” “free shipping”. These and many more are what you will be familiar with when you start shopping regularly. However, before you buy, ask yourself if you really need it. If you don’t then ignore such deals. They will only bore holes in your pocket. In fact, those deals are made to make you spend more, not less.
5. Before buying, save some bucks. Sometimes, when you see a new instrument like a foot pedal that you want to buy, you just go buy it without thinking twice but you can actually just check coupon sites like RetailMeNot to see if you can get a discount code for what you want to buy. Many websites like this allow you to buy the product you want to buy with a coupon, which will cut out certain percentages of the retail price of the product. The popularity of these method shows how effective it has been right from time.
6. Buy durable tools. You can’t compare Macbook durability to a PC, especially if you travel a lot and you drop them. I’ve used both and unless you don’t have the budget, always choose something sturdy over something cheaply made. Sometimes, the best way to ensure that a product is durable is by reading about what other people say about the product. You can also ask a close friend or relative who have used the product in the past about the durability. A product made with metal will last longer than one that is made in plastic. And a product that is well designed will not only be easy to use but also last longer.
7. Always have a list. It can be difficult to make a list and when you do, it can be heavy on your chest to follow through. Before writing your list, ensure you have a budget and be clear exactly on what you want to purchase. It can be difficult to stick to a list when you don’t have a budget. When you have a budget in mind, you will find it easier to restrict yourself to only what is on the list. And don’t push yourself too much; if you see something that you honestly want to get and you have something left on your budget to purchase it, go for it. One or two is okay. But three or more is bad.
8. Don’t buy on impulse. Impulse buying is a sworn enemy of consumer. It lead to accumulation of unwanted things and is the #1 cause of buyer remorse. Therefore, don’t ever be in a rush to buy the latest tool. Be diplomatic, especially if it’s an expensive item. Sleep on it. It might even become unappealing the next morning. I have some products at home that I no longer need. However, when I contemplate on the price I spent in buying the product, I often think I’ve wasted money is procuring the product. You can learn from my mistake.
9. Reviews are spot-on. It’s almost impossible not to see a review on a product you want to buy online. Bestmidicontroller.co reviews many of the products online and it’s the same with many websites. When a brand releases a new product to the market, there are people who will review such product on their website or social media outlet. In fact, some can give you a sneak peak even define the product is released. Although you can’t depend entirely on these, they can make the difference between an informed buyer and an uninformed buyer.
10. You have a right. Are you experiencing problems with your keyboard? Are you finding it difficult to complete simple tasks because of a faulty product? Then get on the manufacturer’s neck. Shoot them an email, call their customer care or connect with them through the social media. While some manufacturers are obnoxious, others will attend to you and provide solution to your problems in a quick manner.
I have tried to include some of the tips you can shop better. The next article will cover what you should avoid when you are doing your shopping. If you enjoy this article, please share it with your friends, relatives who may need them too.